Sunday, March 8, 2009

"I Asked" Poem

I Asked

I asked the Lord of what He should have me do,
If He would just show me one thing or maybe two.
I asked of Him to open my eyes,
To be able to see through Satan’s disguise.
He opened my eyes to a world rarely seen,
Of angry old men so bitter and mean.
He showed me thousands of children cold and alone,
So starved were they, you could see every bone.
I saw many young people struggling with hate and lust,
Finding it hard to love and to trust.
I saw murderers, rapists, thieves and liars,
Someday to burn in the flames of hell’s fires.
I asked my God “why show me this?”
“Why show me a world so troubled and amiss?”
He replied, “Those are my people, whom I love very much,”
“I know them well, but they know not my touch,”
“Please find them, they are hurting and feel only pain,”
“Please tell them about the lamb who was slain.”
“This my child, is what I would have you do,”
“Show them the Love that I have shown to you.”
I told my Lord, “I will do this task,”
“But one more thing I simply must ask.”
“Please grant me the desire to do thy will,”
“And enough love in my heart for oceans to fill.”
“Give me enough courage to face the hardships of life,”
“And enough faith to sustain me through pain and through strife.”
“Please travel with me as I walk this humble path,”
“And thank you my Lord for doing all that I ask.”


Becca Borromeo
Adairsville, GA
Age:18

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Out of the mouth of babes. We can learn much from them! May this be out hearts cry Lord, Amen"

b-borromeo said...

Wow! I never dreamed I would see my poem om the TMZ website!
I really have no idea what God has in plan for "I Asked" but I pray it Blesses everyone who reads it!
TMZ is awesome and my poem is actually bases on what the ministries taught me. they helped me understand that we all are meant to reach people for God and that god has a wonderful plan for all of us!
thank you so much TMZ!
thank you for everything!

~Becca Borromeo
Age 18 ;)

Anonymous said...

what an amazing poem by Becca. I can truly tell you that she is "all in" for Jesus. Such a sweet, sweet humble young lady after God's Heart!